Admission & Fees

To apply for a place at the university, apply direct to the approved company. The academic year starts on 1 October each year. Information on important conditions is provided below:


There are 3 basic requirements:

  • The foreign school leaving certificate has been examined for equivalence with the German higher education entrance qualification.
  • You can prove your knowledge of German by means of a language certificate.
  • You have concluded a study contract with a partner company for a dual course of study.

Your school leaving certificate and your language certificate will be checked by the central certificate recognition office of the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (IAS). Further information, application forms and contact details can be found on the IAS website. 

The following language certificates are recognised as evidence:

  • DSH2 – German Language Examination for University Entrance
  • TestDaF – total score of at least 16 points, 
    no partial examination below TestDaF level 3
  • Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (formerly: Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom, Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom)
  • Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz (German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany), level 2
  • telc German C1 University
  • ÖSD Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch (Austrian Language Certificate German) C2

The Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart (governmental council) is responsible for the assessment of foreign educational certificates from German applicants as well as for persons holding dual citizenship with foreign educational certificates.

Since the 2017/18 winter semester, newly enrolled international students have been charged fees of 1,500 euros per semester. Students from the EU and the EEA, refugees and foreign students are exempt. In addition, there are a variety of other possibilities for seeking exemption. Further information and the required application forms can be found on the DHBW website.